Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Feeling hopeful

I have been feeling unusually hopeful for the last couple of days. Nothing in particular has changed. I still have tons of work to do before I head to vacation. I still haven't sold "Fighting Chaos" but I believe that time will come. I still don't have a lot of cash. That's a bummer.

But I am feeling great. I am preparing the first two chapters of "Death at the Jungle-bunny Journal" to post on tNBW and for another writer in Sisters in Crime to critique. I use 12-point type in Times New Roman and each page is about 300 words. tNBW allows a maximum of 5,000 words to be posted and last night I edited the first and second chapters down to under 5,000 words, meaning I cut more than 12 percent. And it still reads well.

I always figure when I'm finished with a first draft it will be 15 percent to 20 percent too long. So, I am close to being on target with the novel, at least so far.

My short story is nearly done, but it is only 1,600 words. I want it perfect because it is for a contest.

I am reading a YA book that my oldest daughter suggested and I am enjoying it. It's not my cup of tea but it is an interesting book and it is well-written.

So, things are progressing and looking up.

Have a good week. Thanks for reading and keep writing.

No comments: