Friday, March 7, 2008

Computer woes

I hadn't planned to post this evening but I just had to write an update on my computer woes.

I took my laptop to a very nice man who owned a computer repair company and, though he took a couple of weeks to do the work, he fixed my laptop. The problem was that he assumed I knew a little about computers and that I wasn't a complete idiot. Unfortunately, he was wrong on both counts.

After he backed up all my data and repaired my hard driver, he gave me back the computer. But after that I couldn't figure out how to get on the Internet. I tried to reach him and couldn't. I called my brother and there wasn't a lot he could do over the phone.

So I took it upon myself to load a recovery disc on the computer, which erased everything I had paid Kevin to do.

But my brother was able to undo all the screwed up stuff I did, and I spent the greater portion of today reloading stuff from the backup disc back on the computer.

I hate that the only thing I know to do on a computer is type __ and I don't even do that that well.

But I have all the versions of "Fighting Chaos" and Jungle-bunny Journal. I didn't have much time this evening to work on Jungle-bunny and will have to make up for it tomorrow.

That's it. Thanks for reading and don't give up on writing.

No comments: