Friday, March 14, 2008

Death of the Fat Man

I was writing today and realized I was going to have to kill off a character in my mystery novel. I felt sorry but I can't see another way around it.

I am some time away from doing the deed, probably a week or more. But this character's death will add to the confusion surrounding the primary murder in the story. He is a suspect in the first death and his death will leave the main characters scratching their heads.

While I enjoy the character, he is a dangerous man and has been for his whole life. It is amazing that something hasn't happened to him earlier.

This character's death is one of the things I like about doing very little in the way of outlining the story. In that way, I get surprised. And I think if I can keep the story on track and yet can be surprised as the story develops, then perhaps so will the reader.

Anyway, I will try to step up my blog posting again next week. Perhaps later in the year I will explain why I needed to take a little rest from blogging three times a week.

As for now, thanks for reading and keep writing.

No comments: