Saturday, April 17, 2010

Anthology

I wrote a whole new scene yesterday for AN UNTIDY AFFAIR. It was a bit of backstory between the main character, David Blaise, and a former love interest. And while I was doing it, I was surprised by some of the developments that came out of it.

It always amazes me when I am writing something and something surprising comes out. In this case, there is a definite connection between Blaize's ex and the missing person's case he is working on. And I didn't know any of that until I was writing it.

Amazing.

Also I am making progress in promoting BEDLAM AT THE BRICKYARD, the anthology being put together by the Speed City chapter of Sisters in Crime. It is being published in two weeks, though pre-orders are being taken on Amazon. There are a couple of libraries interested in having signings, one of the anthology's editors get them dates for a local TV show, I'm close to getting some coverage in a local community paper and a local book club is interested in having a couple of authors come to talk. The launch party date is May 22.

It is still slow-going but things are moving ahead.

Next will be really getting stuff online. I will do something in my blog, of course, but I want a greater presence via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, and on the chapter's website.

Not sure if we can have video on our website but I am working on that. I definitely know we can do something on the chapter's Facebook page.

Like I said before, this is an exciting time. I am looking forward to seeing what we can do.

Thanks for reading and keep writing.

No comments: