Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Racing anthology

As you know, I am in the Speed City chapter of Sisters in Crime, and SinC is publishing another racing anthology next year, BEDLAM AT THE BRICKYARD. For the anthology, I wrote a story (which is too long) and edited the fact inserts that will go between the stories.

Just yesterday I just got the first electronic printout of the anthology to look over. And for the first time I saw my name listed as an author. It was exciting. Just think! Me? A published author. Wow.

I just back from vacation and was busy with work all day today and haven't had the time to look over the printout yet but I hope to get to it by Friday, or at least by the weekend. I know I don't have to look over it all but I plan to read the entire 176 pages. After we send in any changes or corrections who have, the publisher will make the changes and then we will proof it again.

I am coming along slowly with the marketing committee and one member had to drop out yesterday due to health reasons. But we will muster on. I still want the plan in place my October so we can really push forward during Bouchercon.

Just think, in eight months I will no longer just be an aspiring novelist. I will be a published author and aspiring novelist. Sounds great to me.

Thanks for reading and keep writing.

No comments: