Monday, August 31, 2009

My favorite part

My critique group doesn't meet for several more weeks and my material to be submitted to the group isn't due for another 11 days. But I decided to get ahead of the curve, for once, and submitted 20 pages of THE DEATH OF ART last night.

It was not the next group of pages of DOA the group would otherwise have read. I submitted pages two months ago, when it was last my turn, but for some reason the file attachment couldn't be opened by other group members. I would have submitted those same pages this time except that I decided to jump ahead.

The pages I submitted included the scenes that I enjoy most from the book, including the first big surprise in the novel. I decided to jump ahead because I wanted to get the group's take on those pages before Bouchercon in October. While I will be looking around, hoping to make contact with an agent at that time, this book isn't what I will be shopping. But I wanted to feel confident in the writing and getting some impressions from this part should do the trick.

On another note, I have to go to the doctor today for an examine and I'd have more to write about but I have to leave. I will delete this part later if I have the time and add more impressions on writing. But until I do, thanks again for reading and ever, ever give up on writing and on getting published if that is your goal.

Have a good writing day!

No comments: