Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolutions

I was reading the blog for the Newbie's Guide to Publishing today and was reminded yet again not to sweat the stuff I can not control, which, unfortunately, can be a lot. But it also encouraged me to reexamine my goals for 2009 and do the things I can control.

All of the goals I have for the year are obtainable solely by me, except one -- finding an agent. I can put myself in a position to get an agent through query letters, contacts with other writers, attending conferences and the like. But I can't control whether I get one.

So I am changing my agent goal to the number of queries I send out and am specifying my blog writing to 12 a month, which was the original goal.

If you do what you can control you can skip the excuses for not getting it done. But you also can totally accept the success of accomplishing what you set out to do. It doesn't mean there won't be disappointments. But it will end the blame game.

Thanks for reading and keep writing.

No comments: