Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What's in a name, part III

It's coming down to the wire on a final decision to change the name of my novel,"Death at the Jungle-bunny Journal." Actually, the decision has been made. For at least the Amazon contest and for my first pitch session with an editor in March, I will change the name. The decision left, then, is what to change the name to.

Just like Jungle-bunny, I want a name that stands out, that is memorable. But perhaps I am, and have been, too close to this project for too long. So over the weekend, I asked Angela for some suggestions because the names I was coming up with were not shaking me to my socks.

Since then we have come up with several possible choices, including some quite good. But I still don't have a great choice. I even last night considered changing the name of the newspaper in the novel from the Courier-Times to the Dispatch so I could use the word dispatch in the title.

Nothing yet.

So I will continue with whipping the novel into shape for the Amazon contest. And perhaps a little later a title will sinpsire me. I hope so.

Until then, thanks for reading and keep writing.

No comments: