Thursday, July 24, 2008

I should be working

I have a freelance article due this afternoon and I should be working on that but I have time to finish it and, in addition to listening to someone cutting down a tree in my front yard, I have been reading agent blogs today.

I amazes me how an agent, who must be extremely busy reading hundreds of queries, reading published and unpublished books, keeping up with the industry and putting together pitches for clients, ever has the time to write anything, let alone a daily blog.

I have read the blogs of three agents today and one of a magazine editor. And it wasn't just today's entries. I went back days for each, writing responses twice.

My blog frequency dropped off several months ago and I haven't been able to increase it. But will use the agent blogs as inspiration.

More to say about writing later. For now, I have to go pay the lumbermen in my front yard and finish my freelance work. After that, there will be more queries to send.

Thanks for reading and keep writing.

No comments: