Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Borders

I was feeling sorry for myself today.

I took an online survey that Borders sent to me __ they promised it would only take 15 minutes and it took nearly 40. But I also got a 20 percent off coupon __ and it listed a couple dozen authors and asked what, as a reader, I thought about each. I hadn’t even heard of some of them.

But the common thread, of course, was that they are published and ae currently in bookstores. One book on addiction was nearly exactly the book I intended to tackle in the future, probably next year. (More on the reason why at another time.)

And once again I felt the weight of the challenge before me __ the challenge of getting published. Sometimes it feels like a burden I will never overcome.

But I noticed I got a comment from a blog posting from earlier this week and I felt better. And now, for the first time today, I have time to work on my next second novel, the murder mystery. I found both of those encouraging.

So this is the path I have chosen. That is to write fiction and to get published, and hopefully to make a living at it. I just have to have faith and keep at it. And so must you.

Thanks for reading and be encouraged. And keep writing!

No comments: