Tuesday, February 12, 2008

More computer woes

I had intended to blog today about meeting a fellow author over the weekend but computer woes still top my agenda.

I was able to boot up last night and, before all the icons disappeared, was able to call up all of my mystery novel. Then I printed it out, using up most of my computer paper. (I need to go to Staples tomorrow and get computer paper, more black ink and some legal pads. As a working journalist, I take notes on legal pads.) But I have a copy.

I plan to take my laptop tomorrow to a techie guy that was suggested to me by the editor of the business newspaper I freelance for. He said he can probably fix it and get the material off the hard drive. Happy to hear that. Since last Friday, I have been writing the novel directly into my yahoo account. Later I will merge what I have recently written with the material from the hard drive.

I have a friend in New York, bless his heart, who said I should get a Mac. That's not surprising since he has almost always used an Apple and currently works for Apple. He makes a good argument. He has always been a man of sound judgment.

But, as usual, I will probably not take his advice. And, as usual, I will suffer for it.

I hate being so predictable.

On to being a writer . . .

I haven't gotten any rejections lately. But I haven't gotten an agent yet, either. There are still a couple of queries out but I guess I need to step up sending out queries. I know there is an agent out there waiting for me to find them. I just wish they'd be a little more helpful in being found.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading and don't give up on writing.

No comments: