Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Who's Looking, Part II

I don't think I have posted anything on this subject in 18 months but it's about time. Who's reading me?

I still don't have a good answer to that question but I do have numbers and this month has been a great month. Not half the month is over and yet I already have the fourth highest monthly totals since I started this blog more than four years ago. At the current rate, this could be my highest month after October 2009. And with a little luck, I could top even that month.

Posts from last month are very popular. Hits from February 2012 make up six of my Top 10 posts this month. But still, the three most read posts so far this momth are oldies but goodies. They are: Being a picker at Amazon, from Dec. 20, 2010; What's in a name?, a four-year-old post from Jan. 4, 2008; and Querying agents, from Jan. 8, also in 2008.

I am still trending heavily in the United States, which isn't surprising. I'm an American writer.

This month, 48 percent of my page views are from the U.S., with The Netherlands coming in second with 24 percent. That is trending well with my all-time hits, where U.S. views make up slightly more than 50 percent of total views, followed by Germany and France.

There is lots more information from the stats section on my blog and in the weeks ahead I am going to try to better understand what readers are looking from (other than posts from 2008 and 2009). And I will let you know what I find.

In the meantime, thanks for reading and keep writing.

No comments: