Friday, October 24, 2008

Marketing


One of the hardest things for me is marketing myself, although good marketing and promotions will determine whether I am a successful novelist. I am not comfortable at it and not good at it. And when it comes to promoting a book, I'm sure it will be expensive, exhausting, difficult and time-consuming.


But it will still need to be done.

To help in my comfort level, I am going to a session with fellow mystery writers tomorrow on using the Internet for promotion. Websites, Podcast, blogs and all manner of technical things I don't comprehend will come up.

Hopefully, I will make a final decision on a website and more forwars with that. At the very least, I will have more information for making an informed judgment.

I will have to tell you later how that goes. But for now, thanks for reading and keep writing.

No comments: