Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A short story

I decided over the weekend to take an ever-so-short break from my second novel to write a short story to submit for inclusion in a book of short stories on murder and NASCAR’s Brickyard 400.

I spent most of Sunday thinking about the story and even started putting some of it down on paper . . . well, computer, really.

I’m not sure how long I should be and hope that it’s no more than about 3,500 words. At the moment, the story’s a bit complicated and probably too complex for the format. If that’s the case, I will have to edit and shorten it. We will have to see.

I doubt that it should take that long to write, probably less than a week. I generally write quickly. Then I will have one or two friends look at it before I submit it for possible publication.

If it is included, it will be my first piece under the name MB Dabney. Up until now, I have always used Michael Dabney.

That’s it for today.

Thanks for reading and remember, keep writing.

No comments: