Thursday, January 24, 2008

E-mail rejections

I have come to a reasonable conclusion about rejection letters. Or to be more precise, rejections via e-mail.

In each case in which I have gotten an e-mail rejection, the response came within two business days of my sending a query. I got a rejection yesterday and it came within 24 hours. I’m not sure what that means but it is the fact.

As I mentioned earlier, once I got an e-mail rejection in less than 15 minutes. In one case, it took four days, but that included a weekend.

So my assumption is that agents who accept e-mail queries read them quickly and decide just as quickly. Again, I’m not sure what, if anything, that means, or how I can use it to my advantage.

But what I do know is persistence will pay off. I read somewhere in the last week or two that if you have seven rejections, send out an eighth query.

More about rejections later. But for now, thanks for reading and don’t give up on writing.

No comments: