Saturday, July 17, 2010

Booksigning

This is going to be a big week for BEDLAM AT THE BRICKYARD. We have three booksignings in the next week, and next weekend is the Brickyard 400 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. All 15 short stories in the anthology are related in one way or another to NASCAR or to the Brickyard 400 stock car race.

Today's signing is at Mudsock Books in Fishers, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. We have another signing arranged by a book seller at a retirement center on the northside on Thursday and next Saturday we have a signing in Muncie, where three of the contributing authors live. The Muncie event will be the first outside of the Indianapolis area. We have others planned this fall for Mooresville, Bloomington and Speedway.

I love signings because of all the attention, but also because it is an opportunity to talk to people about books. It's always a bit of a rush for me. As I strive to become a successful author, I hope that feeling, that rush, never fads.

Anyway, I have to go. I need to be there in 30 minutes.

Thanks for reading. Go out and buy a book, and most importantly of all, keep writing.

No comments: