Friday, May 14, 2010

Rejections II

I have been popular in the last two days. I got three e-mail rejections. In fact, if you consider the timing in terms of open business hours instead of calendar days, the rejections came less than two hours apart. The first one was after 5 o'clock yesterday afternoon, and the other two came before 9:45 this morning.

I am only slightly bummed out but not particularly sad. I have gotten multiple rejections before and perhaps will again. I'm just trying to stay positive and ship off my query letters.

One of the rejections this morning was from an agent who rejected DEATH AT THE JUNGLE-BUNNY JOURNAL back in July 2008. (I mention it in my first posting titled "Rejections.") So I know it was a form letter. But, it was an response. By my calculations, at least 50 percent of my query letters never get a response.

So, have a nice weekend. I hope to have dinner or drinks from an old friend from high school either Saturday or Sunday. And I have more queries to do.

Keep positive and keep busy writing.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: