Monday, May 17, 2010

Foto befuddled

I am foto befuddled today.

I had planned to include in this post photos of the front and back covers of BEDLAM AT THE BRICKYARD, the racing anthology the Speed City chapter of Sisters in Crime is publishing next month. It's a nice cover -- much better than the drawing you'd see if you pre-ordered the book on Amazon. (I don't know if anyone has.)

I finally saw the covers last night in an e-mail. I downloaded them to my laptop and tried repeatedly to upload them either into my blog or onto my Facebook page. But the covers are not jpeg files and can't be uploaded. Or, at least I haven't figured out how to do it yet. But I plan to. (I can e-mail them as an attachment, however. But there are too many people out there for me to e-mail. FB and my blog are easier.)

I am quite excited, however. As the book cover states, there are 15 stories of "bedlam, bafflement and bewilderment" in the anthology, all related either to the Brickyard 400 race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway each summer or to NASCAR. All the stories are by members of Speed City SinC and edited by award-winning author Brenda Robertson Stewart and Wanda Lou Willis.

In between the stories are factoids -- historical narratives and statistical charts that I compiled and edited. Plus my story, "The Missing CD," is short story No. 12 in the book. I like the story and soon will post an excerpt of the story in my blog. And, of course, once the book is out I will be a published author.

HOORAY for me!

The launch party for the anthology is now scheduled for Saturday, June 12, at the Barnes and Noble bookstore on US 31 in Carmel. Many of the contributing authors will be there to autograph copies and, most importantly, there will be eats. So, if you are out that way on June 12, please stop by. And if not, buy a copy online. All the proceeds will go to support the education program of the chapter.

Brenda and Wanda will be on a local television this week and I am working on getting more coverage, and in arranging some book-signings. Part of my publicity effort will focus on promoting the book via the Internet, which means I need to GET A FREAKIN' COPY OF THE COVER ON MY BLOG! I am also working on doing some author interviews online, perhaps some audio excerpts and maybe a simple book trailer.

More on that later. For now, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Ginger56 said...

This is great. I will look into ordering a copy. I love short mystery stories. SHort stories ingeneral actually.

ANyway, I'll look for it. Can't help with the photo thing. Sorry.