Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A busy day

I have been busy today, researching story ideas to pitch to magazine and local newspaper editors, reading up on the latest news in the book industry, reading my friends' blogs and some agent blogs, and reading articles suggested in the current Sisters in Crime newsletter. Lastly, I have check my e-mail numerous for responses to my latest agent query letters.

What I haven't done is write. In fact, I haven't even opened my word processing software or called up either a draft query letter or my WIP.

It seems that the more I learn about being an author the more time I spend away from actually writing. I don't like that, of course. But it is a necessary thing.

Now it is true that I don't like writing much in the morning. I rarely write fiction in the morning and the last time I truly did any morning writing was last week when I was on deadline to finish a couple of articles for a newsletter I was working on.

But still I haven't even been using the creative part of my brain much today. Or at least not as it would relate to something I planned to write.

I know I am rambling on. But wish I could spend more time just writing instead of doing the business of making money through writing. It is a pipe dream that most writers undoubtedly share. But I'm just saying . . .

One final thought -- Nothing new on the health front. For several days I grew more and more anxious before my doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon. I was expecting good news but was prepared for bad news. But, I got no news. In fact, the doctor wondered why I had an appointment only six weeks after ending my radiation treatment. He said it was too soon to know anthing. I said I had the appointment because someone in his office set it up.

So, the good news is that I have no bad news. But I will have to wait some time now before I have any definite news.

I will mention it in this blog as is appropriate.

Thanks for reading and hang in there.

No comments: