Friday, September 26, 2008

Professional organizations

I am already a member of the Indianapolis Association of Black Journalists -- I'm a past president, in fact -- the National Association of Black Journalists, the Society of Professional Journalists, and the national and local chapter of Sisters in Crime. And I am considering joining Thriller Writers International and/or the Mystery Writers of America.

I have the MWA's application on my desk right now and I see a lot of positives for joining. One of which is finding another writers critique group. I like the group I am in but I want a broader range of writers to chose from.

I have been very busy on work in the last couple of weeks and have been failing off more and more with blogging. Joining another critique group may inspire me with blogging as well.

My critique group meets tomorrow and I need to finish critiquing the material this evening. But, it's Friday night and the kids are off to there separate ways so the wife and I are going out. I can finish doing the critique before bed.

Thanks for reading and keep writing.

No comments: