Monday, December 24, 2007

It baffles me

There is something that baffles me. I understand why things are put the way they are but they baffle me nonetheless.

Agents and publishers often say they like having or representing authors and writers who are passionate about their work. Now that makes sense.

But they also say writers do not necessarily know why a work is rejected and they shouldn’t take it too personally. It is a business decision. Both of those statements make sense.

However, how can one expect someone __ an artist __ who has poured a great deal of energy and passion into their work, not to take it a little personally when that work is rejected, particularly when the rejection can come with so little explanation? That doesn’t seem to make sense.

I am having a hard time dealing with that one.

Anyway, that was just my thought for today, short as it may be.

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

And remember, keep your head down, keep focused and keep writing.

No comments: