Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's time again

I am in particularly good spirits today, which is good because my last posting was a bit of a downer. I am playing the main theme from "The Legend of Bagger Vance" and thinking about what I did just an hour ago.

I sent out a query letter via e-mail. And now I am in that period before any rejection letters where I have all the hope for the future and all the possibilities it brings. It's a wonderful feeling.

I think the novel looks good at just a hair under 80,000 words and the top is complete and ready for an agent to see. I continue working on rewriting the rest to sharpen its focus.

But for now, the world is in front of me and I'm looking forward to what comes next. Regardless of what responses I get when I jump full swing into querying, I am not giving up on my writing. I will probably start my next novel in August and certainly by September, even if I am still querying for Jungle-bunny.

So that's it for now. I have to run.

Thanks for reading and keep writing.

No comments: