Sunday, June 1, 2008

It is finished

I finished the first draft of "Death at the Jungle-bunny Journal" yesterday evening at 6:35. It is 73,000 words, which is 7,000 less than I originally thought it would be. I know I should let it sit for about a week or so before I touch it again but I am excited and will probably print it out on Monday and start my first complete read through.

It has several problems and several places where I need to complete some research. And the was rushing at the end and I fear the final parts that I wrote are pretty rough if not downright dreadful. But it is completed.

After I clean it up a little in the next couple of weeks, I will have a couple of people read through it. But first I need to research how many times I used the word "that" in the novel and probably eliminate at least half of them straightaway. I am also sure I have too many commas.

But all in all, I am proud of myself. I got it done.

I will probably cut about 7,000 to 8,000 words in the first run through but as I fix the problems another 5,000 to 7,000 words will probably be added. We will have to see about that later.

For now, Jungle-bunny is done. Next the real work begins.

Thanks for reading. And don't give up.

No comments: