Friday, September 23, 2016

SinC Retreat

Next weekend, the Speed City chapter of Sisters in Crime will hold its second writers retreat at Bradford Woods, a rustic conference center (I guess you'd call it that) about 30 miles south of Indianapolis.

I plan to get a lot of writing done during the retreat, which starts Friday afternoon and ends early Sunday afternoon. I have both an essay and a short story about Kendall Hunter I want to finish.

It does mean that weekend I will miss the first air show held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in more than a century. (I think they held a balloon race in 1909 or '10.) This year's race is part of the series sponsored by Red Bull for single-engine planes.

But anyway, I got a lot done at the first retreat in 2014. I finished writing Miss Hattie Mae's Secret during the weekend. And that short story is the last story in Decades of Dirt.

Well, I didn't have a lot to say today but I wanted to mention the retreat, which I hadn't done yet.

Thanks for reading.
 

No comments: