Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Kendall Hunter: In person


One of the most-read blog posts I've had this month is on Kendall Hunter, the main character in my upcoming short story, Callipygian. In my post on Aug. 2, I spoke of my love for the character. She is tall, beautiful, single, smart and very, very clever. As an FBI criminal profiler, she is one of the best and is at the top of her game. And I love writing her because she is interesting and fun, is well-dressed and has killer instincts.

Callipygian is one of 18 short stories in The Fine Art of Murder, an anthology to be published in early October by the Speed City chapter of Sisters in Crime. Our official launch and book signing will be Sunday, Oct. 9, at the Barnes and Noble bookstore at 86th Street and Keystone Avenue in Indianapolis. But you can pre-order the book now on Amazon ($12.99) or on Walmart ($9.41).

When I think of Kendall Hunter, I think of her as she might appear above -- in the FBI field office in Philadelphia, working to solve some horrible murder. She works hard in a what many consider a man's world and, in the process, has become very good at something historically considered as male.

Anyway, here is Kendall. Get the anthology and enjoy all the stories and characters therein. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Sharyn/Torie said...

I'm still going to wait for "The Fine Art of Murder" to come out as an ebook at this point. My most reliable deliveries are the ones that I get electronically these days. But if I move back to Philadelphia before it goes to ebook, I'll buy the hard copy as one of my first deliveries in my new home. Oorah!

MB Dabney said...

Not sure when the ebook version is coming but I will check with the publisher on Monday and let you know. mbd