Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Posting problems

Sorry I haven't posted anything in about a week. I had intended to post earlier this week -- on Monday, to be frank -- but as many of you know, I am somewhat tech-challenged. For some reason I couldn't log on to my blog, except on my iPhone. And the screen is far too small for me to write a post on that.

I held my breath this evening and tried logging on and so here I am.

Just so you know, my next post is going to be on writing effective endings to short stories. A member of my critique group recently brought in an article on the subject of short story engings and it had what I belief are, at best, controversial suggestions, and at worst, just plain wrong suggestions.

But that should be for tomorrow.

For now, I just want to add to my list of enjoyable items to listen to as I write. (I mentioned the subject in a blog two weeks ago.) On YouTube I found a tape of an orchestra concert with uber-composer John Williams in piano playing the theme from the film Sabrina, the Harrison Ford version in the 1990s. Say what you will about this remake -- and a lot of people, including my wife, don't care for it -- the music, however, is great. The Williams score, with Sting singing the song Moonlight at the end, is just wonderful.

I like the story and I enjoy the Harrison Ford version as much as the 1954 version with Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. (Although Julia Ormond is beautiful, she doesn't hold a candle to Helpburn in the title role. Hepburn was the personification of frail beauty as Sabrina.)

Anyway, I am at this moment enjoying listening to John Williams playing the theme to the film. It's good music and good writing. And I love good writing no matter what type it is.

Makes me want to work harder to be better.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading and get back to the laptop and write.

No comments: