Tuesday, February 21, 2012

PSA and other thoughts

If you have read my blog for some time, you know I am a prostate cancer survivor. Or at least so far. But I still see the doctor every six months to have my PSA levels checked. I generally don't think much about the cancer except just before having to see the doctor again.

And that time is upon me again.

I had bllod drawn last week and my appointment to see the doctor for the results is on March 6. Can't wait. (Well, actually, I can.)

If all continues as it should (and as it has been), I probably won't touch on this subject again for about six months. If not, well, I'm not sure when I will bring it up again.

On other matters . . .

The Speed City chapter of Sisters in Crime is working on another anthology, this time with basketball as the theme. The deadline for submission is in July.

Over the weekend, I hashed out the outlines for an interesting story. I won't bore you with the details at the moment but it will involve a female high school basketball player. Our SinC chapter is meeting at the Indiana High School Basketball Hall of Fame in New Castle this Saturday so I will be able to do some research while I am there.

(Oh, for the first time in three years I'm NOT the secretary of our chapter. Was tired of that, thank you very much. But I was roped into being the membership, so I am still on the board. That's not so bad. I just check the membership rolls once a month or so. It's do-able.)

I had something else on my mind but I can't remember what. So I am going to go for now.

Thanks for reading and catch you on the flip side.

No comments: