Friday, March 26, 2010

BEDLAM AT THE BRICKYARD

As you are aware, I am a member of the Speed City chapter of Sisters in Crime and our next anthology, BEDLAM AT THE BRICKYARD, is being published soon. In addition to being the secretary of the chapter, I am head of the committee planning and executing the marketing of the book.

Well, today I finally learned the exact publication date. May 1.

Apparently, it will still be a couple of weeks before the book hits stores but it will be in time for race activities in May. And now we can plan a launch party, which I am hoping to have in mid-May.

It is too bad I will miss our regularly scheduled SinC meeting tomorrow due to my continuing health issues but I am excited about the next several weeks. I want to start lining up interviews with authors in the anthology for different publications if i can interest them in doing a story, and hope to get something in the Star, NUVO, the Recorder, possibly one or two television and radio stations locally, the Hendricks County Flyer and possibly the papers that serve Mooresville, New Castle and Muncie.

I am really looking forward to this. It should be fun.

I also helped edit part of the book. There are 15 stories, each involving some aspect of NASCAR or the annual Brickyard 400 race in Indianapolis. But between each story there are these factual inserts. I read and edited the inserts.

Then, of course, there is my story in the anthology. If I'm not mistaken, it is the 12th story in the book. It's called, THE MISSING CD, and is about a local TV anchorwoman named Hannah "Hank" Watkins who is drawn into the probe of a murdered newspaper sports columnist who was investigating some problems in a NASCAR race team.

I like the story. At 6,000 words, it's a little longer than some but I think it is interesting.

When the book comes out, I will let everyone know. Then you can see for yourself.

Until then, thanks for reading and keep writing.

No comments: