Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some feelback

I had a lunch meeting with a fellow writer today who is the only wirter who has seen the entire "Death at the Jungle-bunny Journal" manuscript. The others who have it currently are none writers.

And, thankfully, Debi liked it. There are some style things that we disagree on but she likes the story, she likes the plot and the plot twists, and she likes the pacing __ AFTER about page 100. She says the first 100 pages are slow.

And she thinks the alternating chapters style I have in the first half is okay and isn't the problem with the pacing.

She suggested I beef up one of the minor characters to allow for him to be more of a red herring in the murder mystery and that I should introduce the real killer more. I'm not sure how to do that without ruining the surprise when the killer is revealed.

Also I need to develop Jason a little more because the reader doesn't care enough about him and they don't care enough easily enough.

However, she says it just needs tweaking, not a total overhaul. It turned out to be something that was very encouraging on a day when I needed to be encouraged.

So keep writing.

No comments: