Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A New Novel, Part II

Gotten off to a slow start with my new novel. Distractions caused by work, children, our garden and a volunteer group I am working are taking a toll. My pace is only half of what it should be. But I have time to kick it  into grear. It is an interesting murder story that is a sequel to An Untidy Affair.

Yes, yes, yes, I know. I generally don't write sequels (although I plan them for the future) because if I haven't sold the first book yet, why waste time on a sequel that also might not sell? Sound thinking. But I want to crank this one out in less than a month and then sit it on a shelf until later. I won't be wasting that much time and if Affair is ever sold, I will have another novel waiting in the wings.

But that can only happen if I get myself in gear. I should have more than 6,000 words done by now and only have about 3,000. However, the storytelling is going well. It's just finding the time, the will and the energy to work on it.

I guess I am getting old.

This effort is part of NaNoWriMo in June. It had a summer camp theme. I registered, of course, and can even text a small group of writers for encouragement and support. Haven't done much of that -- it's also distracting -- but I can probably use the encouragement.

Well, I have a headache and other work to get done, so I'm going. But you keep the faith and keep writing.

Thanks for reading.

P.S., I saw a political bumper sticker yesterday that I thought hit the nail on the head. It said Republicans in 2012 are willing for throw millions of people out of work just to get one man (Obama) out of a job.

Interesting assessment.
 
 

No comments: