Monday, October 19, 2009

National Novel Writing Month

I’m really excited about National Novel Writing Month. I haven’t signed up yet but I have come up with a great new idea for a novel and I’m working to develop an outline.
I had another novel planned but this came to me recently and just stayed in my head over the weekend. I wish I could start it now. I have worked out most of the first part of the novel.
Since it will require a lot of quick writing and a lot less thinking, I want to fully develop as much as I can before Nov. 1, although I can’t start writing before then. And at the moment, I haven’t figured out the end. I need the end to make sure I am headed in the right direction.
But I am excited – and scared. It will be a challenge but, if it is a good idea, the challenge should be a rewarding experience.
Thanks for reading and keep writing.

1 comment:

Jimmie said...

Michael Dabney,

I also went to Shortridge from 1967-1971. I have sad news to share about Kerry Kirch. She died while skydiving in Florida this past weekend. That is all the info I have at this time - I had been out of touch with her for many years and heard the news from a mutual friend. When I googled her I came across your blog which mentioned her. I remember you two were friends and she spoke fondly of you. If I hear more I will let you know if you send me your email address.
Sincerely,
Jimmie Froehlich